Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Specialist, Operational Support in Fort Mill, South Carolina
This position is responsible for Transportation Procurement bid technical set up, driving bid progress and conducting bid scenario evaluation through the Manhattan Transportation Management System. This role will conduct market analysis, develop benchmarking processes, report potential risks to leadership teams, and develop SCO Reports. The Sr. Specialist Operation Support will partner with internal operational and support teams and external carrier vendors.
- Develop proposals for and align business team on bid processes and scenario assumption development and utilize those decisions in performing technical activities associated with configuration, bid set up, carrier invitation, and scenario set up for Transportation Procurement bid events.
- Drive bid progress, assist carriers and internal team members in troubleshooting bid execution activities and provide analysis of bid scenarios for business team to use as guidance in final award decisions.
- Conduct regularly scheduled benchmarking and market condition assessments associated with transportation industries, summarizing and reporting potential risks and benefits to the Transportation leadership teams.
- Create SCO Reports related to Procurement bids events and other transportation business needs, report results to business leaders at all levels, up to GVP of transportation.
- Provide team with other adhoc transportation project needs ranging from SOP writing to process development and technical analytics.
- Analysis & Judgment
- Planning & Organizing
- Drive Results
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Business Acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum four-year degree in Transportation or equivalent field
- Four or more years of related experience; discount retail transportation experience preferred.
- Four or more years of progressive supply chain experience
- Ability to drive and manage activities, schedule and status reporting across multiple parties including transportation, IT and third party resources in a matrix environment
- Strong operations knowledge of transportation processes required
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively lead meetings, drive communications with internal and external constituents, and builds consensus to collaboratively deliver objectives
- Business experience with Transportation Management Systems including bid set up and analysis
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and writing skills.
- Experience with MS word, MS excels, MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
Please include any additional physical requirements below the standard requirements
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Will work commonly as part of a project which at times will include a fast paced environment. This may include adjustments of day to day assignments, aggressive deadlines, and variance in work volume based on project schedule; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.