Comcast Eng 4, Software Dev & Engineering in San Diego, California
Comcast's Technology. Product. Xperience. organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Work as a software engineer in the VISE Software team organization on the Cloud TV projects. Create and maintain software that supports Comcast's migration of Video on Demand and Linear Video service delivery over a nationwide next-generation distribution network to more than 25 million video customers.
- Participate in the design review of new features and projects assigned to the team.
- Participate in requirements collection and analysis as needed.
- Engage in collaborative design with teammates, operations counterparts, and customers for components of software projects as needed.
- Work independently and with others to implement software for assigned projects.
- Provide automated tests when implementing new functions or fixing bugs that prove that delivered work meets defined customer needs (acceptance criteria).
- Engage in pair programming, team code reviews, and peer code review and user story acceptance as needed.
- Document software and processes as needed.
- Develop and support automation that allows for continuous testing of software created by the team.
- Work with teammates and operations to automate deployment of systems and software created by the team. Technologies: kubernetes, docker, ansible, etc.
- Work with operations as needed to help automate monitoring, metrics collection, and other systems administration tasks related to software developed for the team. Technologies: kafka, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience developing server-side applications using functional programming (Scala experience preferred).
- Team player with professional work ethic and positive attitude.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience writing software as part of a multi-person team.
- Good understanding of Linux operating.
- Understanding of troubleshooting, software lifecycle and quality assurance practices.
- Experience with relational databases, including an understanding of database schemas and concepts and exposure to administration and/or scripting for at least one widely used relational database system.
- Understanding of automated testing libraries and practices
Experience with source code control on multi-developer projects
Able to stay organized and switch between multiple projects
- Able to learn new technologies as needed and open to changing technological direction as required by the team
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer