Ross Stores, Inc. Assistant Store Manager in Sequim, Washington
Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met
General Operating Requirements
Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store Manager.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists with Associate Relations issues by communicating any incidents to the Store Manager or District Manager as needed.
Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Assists in the facilitation of monthly safety meetings.
Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
Personal and Store Brand
Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains and models a professional appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
Merchandise Processing and In-Store Marketing
Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
- Urgently manages merchandise processing to the sales floor within the expected Company timeframe.
Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and Store shortage goals.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
- Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Assists in leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
- Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained properly.
- Customer Focus
- Motivating Others
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Hiring and Staffing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager experience in a retail environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills
Direct supervision of all non-exempt Associates.